Spotify rolls out Ad Studio to Spain and Mexico, highlighting growing opportunities with Spanish-speaking audiences
- Spotify released its self-serve Ad Studio in Spain and Mexico.
- Streaming audio is taking a particular hold among Spanish-speaking audiences.
- Insider Intelligence analyzes this industry and several others to provide in-depth analyst reports, proprietary forecasts, customizable charts, and more. Learn more about what we offer.
Spotify has officially rolled out Ad Studio in Spain and Mexico after what it calls a successful trial period, per a company release.
The self-serve ad platform provides both tools for impact measurement and offers free audio ad creative and is available across audio, video, podcasts, and display. The platform was previously released in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand, but the full-fledged launch in Spain and Mexico highlights the burgeoning opportunity in the Spanish-speaking world.
Streaming audio is taking a particular hold among Spanish-speaking audiences. In H1 2020, Spotify had 66 million monthly active listeners across Latin America, with 55.9% being ad-supported users. According to the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), 60% of Spaniards ages 17 and older said they had listened to streaming audio in the past month, compared with 57% in 2019.
In Mexico, 95% of internet users ages 16 to 24 and 88% of internet users ages 25 to 34 listen to digital audio, per Spotify. Spanish-language podcasts are also growing in popularity: Last year, the number of such podcasts grew 56%, compared with 13% growth between 2017 and 2018, according to Voxnest.
For context, digital ad spend is up in both Mexico and Spain:
- Mexico is Latin America's second largest ad market and digital ad spend is projected to increase 4.1% this year, per our estimates, and make up 48.7% of total media ad spending.
- Spain has also seen a recent increase in ad spend, with growth holding steady pre-pandemic and expected to go back up in 2021. Total digital ad spend is still low compared with the US, but it grew 11.7% in 2019 and 0.7% this year despite the pandemic. Growth will be 14.0% in 2021.
Want to read more stories like this one? Here's how you can gain access:
- Join other Insider Intelligence clients who receive this Briefing, along with other Media, Advertising, & Marketing forecasts, briefings, charts, and research reports to their inboxes each day. >> Become a Client
- Explore related topics more in depth. >> Browse Our Coverage
Are you a current Insider Intelligence client? Log in here.
Source: Read Full Article